he thought i was an escort.

It was a hoop earrings kind of weekend. Christian came to Chicago because a DJ friend had a couple of gigs here and their entire posse came. And I say posse because that’s literally what they were. They were like 12 deep and had several suites at the Palmer House. As soon as they landed on Friday, Christian texted me saying they were meeting at an event at a restaurant in Gold Coast and he wanted me to me up with them. I was still at work at this point (talking to Scott ironically) and I jumped up when I got the text so I could rush home and get ready.

“Fun plans tonight?” he asked.

“Yeah, a friend is in town,” I told him.

“Okay well… text me if you’re around. We could meet up or something,” Scott said.

“Yeah…” I said and scampered off. I have more confessions about Scott and me. I’ll fill y’all in later.

So I went home and changed into a plunging bodysuit, high waist jeans, lace up heels and of course, my hoop earrings. Christian ordered a car for me and I met all of them at the restaurant.

“Hey, beautiful,” Christian said and greeted me with a hug and kiss on the cheek. He introduced me to his friends who all looked like rappers or musicians or something.

The entire crowd was industry people which hasn’t been my scene at all in the last few years. I was hanging out with Brady’s friends where being hilarious and having cute clothes didn’t matter.

“So how have you been? Since I don’t ever hear from you..” Christian asked.

“Just super busy. With like work and stuff,” I told him.

We caught up for a while until one of his friends called him and requested we get out of our own little world and join their conversation. The friends asked me a lot of questions, but again they weren’t asking what I do for a living or anything like that because that doesn’t define you as a person. (It kind of does, but still). I liked that.

After we had several drinks, some of the crew needed to go set up, but Christian suggested we go spend some time alone. So I called an Uber and took him to a cute little bougie lounge that does live music.

I started to get a little bored with Christian (I noticed because I kept checking my phone to see if Scott or even Zach had texted me) and it concerned me because Christian and I connected so well when we first met. See how easily I get bored with people?

Eventually we decided to head to the club. Since his friend was performing we were able to go through the back entrance. The guy at the door looked at me and said, “Hey, how have you been?” as if he knows me.

I figured I must have known him from somewhere so I was nice and we chatted for a couple minutes. Christian and I went inside and had shots and drinks and danced. We went back to the bar to order more drinks and the door guy made a beeline for us. He shook Christian’s hand and leaned in to tell him something. He kept glancing at me and of course I decided to eat up the attention and flip my hair a little bit and smile at him.

Christian turned around and gave me a weird look so I stopped. The door guy walked away and Christian was distant the rest of the night. He grabbed his drink and headed toward VIP where the rest of his friends were without saying anything. He didn’t want to really dance or talk anymore, but seemed to be having a blast with his friends. I shrugged and started talking to his friend, Laz. And I guess I was kind of happy to have someone new to talk to since Christian was boring and apparently bored with me too.

At 3:00 AM, the night was winding down and Laz asked if I wanted to go back to his suite to continue the party. Before I could even think if I wanted to go, Christian tapped Laz on the shoulder and shook his head and gave him a look. He caught me catching him and looked away.

Outside, I decided to confront him.

“Why are you ignoring me?” I whined.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Christian said back, not making eye contact with me.

“You’re actually so annoying. Just be an adult and tell me what you’re mad about so we can get over it and go get food,” I said.

He looked at me. “It’s not that I’m mad at you, Reese. You’re just not who I thought you were.”

I rolled my eyes. “What are you even talking about?”

“You! The way you make your living. I understand you gotta do what you gotta do, but I don’t want to be involved in it.”

“Wait, what?”

Christian looked embarrassed. “The bouncer asked if I had you for the whole night because he had another interested client. A ‘high roller.’ He’s thinking I paid for you.”

I stared at him for a moment. “So he thinks I’m an escort?”

“Yeah. A well known one,” Christian mumbled.

“That’s absurd!” I exclaimed. “What kind of person do you think I am?”

And then I realized that Christian has no idea what kind of person I am. All he’s knows is that I’m friends with Brittany and who knows what she is up to in Houston. I started crying. Laz asked if I was okay, but Christian just stood there with his hands in his pockets.

“I don’t care. I literally can’t believe you,” I said as I suddenly stopped crying. I walked to the curb and raised my arm to hail a cab.

Christian followed me. “Look, I don’t know what to think.”

“It’s honestly fine. I’m over it and I’m over you,” I said.

The cab stopped and I got in, hoping to leave the whole night and Christian behind me. But he followed me in.

“Where to?” the driver asked.

I looked at Christian expectantly.

“To your place?” he said.

“Fine,” I said and told the driver my address.

We hooked up. I can only remember snippets, but I know it wasn’t great. And I woke up really sore. Christian went back to his hotel right after we finished and didn’t reach out to me the rest of the weekend. And that made me feel like a prostitute. So I sent him a scathing message about how I’d been used and he needed to pay up for my services. He didn’t reply.

Anyway, the whole time Brady was out of the country he sent me pictures of all of his endeavors and crazy things he ate. It confused me because at the time, we didn’t actually text very much and definitely didn’t send each other pictures. But we grew kind of close while he was away and when he came to pick up Tucker when he got back, he stayed and told me about his trip. For five hours.

And the next day, we got dinner together and that weekend, he invited me to go to the gym with him. And obviously he only invited me because he wanted to see me (we all know I don’t do the gym). Afterwards, we took our sweaty asses back to my place so I could make us waffles.

Brady and I were hanging out quite a bit, usually once or twice a week (a lot when we went months without talking at all), but then Preston sent me a screenshot from Tia’s Instagram. Obviously we blocked each other so I don’t have access to her ugly photos.

It was a picture of Tia and Brady with two guys I didn’t recognize. They were at a Cubs game decked out in all their Cubs gear. Brady had sunglasses and a Cubs windbreaker on – one I’ve never seen. So immediately I started thinking he must have gone shopping just for the occasion and that he and Tia planned on going to other games together. And I was sick to my stomach. Why is Brady so attracted to girls I hate? Like, I would probably physically fight Tia if I saw her in person again.

After that I felt inspired to check Brady’s tagged Instagram photos just to see what I would find. I was shocked to see a picture of him with a different Asian girl (and so much cuter than Tia) at a bar. The caption was the double pink heart emoji. Excuse me? I clicked on her page and found out that she’s a nurse at the same hospital Brady works at which surprised me because she has this dyed red hair that doesn’t seem very professional or hospital friendly.

So now I know I have no right to be mad, but I am. And so when Brady texts me I’ve been super short and cold and distant and he doesn’t even seem to notice. Probably because he’s so distracted with his other girls. I feel betrayed. We are supposed to hang out this weekend and he keeps texting me with plans and I should cancel and want to, but I also really want to hang out with him. Why Tia of all people? She’s so slimy and disgusting and I can’t stop thinking of her shaving her pubic hair into shapes. How tacky. And she’s a thief and that’s so unattractive in my opinion.

I miss y’all! Obviously I have a ton more to share, but I wanted to at least get something up right now. What’s new? Who misses me too?

Advertisements
Standard

19 thoughts on “he thought i was an escort.

1. Joyce says:

I missed you so much!! 😭
    Why didn’t you just tell Christian you weren’t an escort?
    Do you want to get back together with Brady? (And does he seem like he wants that as well?) Being friends with him, checking out his pictures, and all this hanging out with no intentions of getting back together seems so tortuous

2. Sara says:

I think you should tell Christian what you really do for a living and that he shouldn’t be such a clueless fool and believe lame crap from an idiot bouncer who has never even met you. Then you should block him since he is so willing to believe bad things about without even bothering to ask you. The nerve of that guy!

It also sounds like it’s time to move on from Brady. He doesn’t seem to know what he wants, and his ambivalence and game playing are not good for you. It seems like his actions cause you a fair amount of pain and anger. Ask yourself do you really want to be his friend? How much would it bug you if he started dating someone else seriously? If he did trying to get back with you, do you really think he would change and do you want to go back to the way things were? He hangs out with Tia, who stole from you, apparently was recently in contact with Jessica while you two were still together – a woman who made a real attempt to undermine your relationship. He knows this about both these women and still hangs out with them. You keep saying he’s a good guy, but he is not respectful of you.

I am hurt for your sake that you keep spending time with men who don’t value you. Christian thinks you’re a prostitute, Brady treats you like an afterthought, Zach lies to you. It really seems like you need a zero tolerance policy for male idiocy.

I know I am lecturing a bit, but I mean well by it. I have read your blog for a long while and I would like to see you in a healthy situation with someone who respects you. Just saying. In any case, I am glad you are back!

• Jenny says:

Brady didn’t play Reese. You mention Jessica and tia, but what about Reese’s indiscretions? The dude who gave her the bag, Scott, airplane man, etc. this is what bugs me the most. Reese gets to do whatever she wants and if Brady is seen with another woman he gets labeled? Wtf? I know many want to automatically take Reese’s side no questions asked but know that she will not grow and mature if the childish behavior is praised/justified.

Brady owes nothing to Reese. He can be friends with whoever he chooses, can even hook up with Jessica. It’s not Reese’s business. I think Reese needs to learn self respect. Zach and Scott who it seems that Reese has been less than professional with are married men. Respect yourself. You bitched about women talking to Brady when the two of you were together but you hooking up with married men is ok? Sorry you got mistaken for an escort. How embarrassing!

• I’m not exactly sure why you’re bringing up super old situations that I’ve moved on from and gotten past. (bag guy, airplane man)

• while you may be right, I don’t feel like I can blame Brady because we are not together and neither of us has expressed wanting to get back together. and it’s not like I haven’t done my fair share of things also

• Sara says:

You are right on both counts, about Brady and you not being together and your own previous actions, etc, but I am referring to the here and now. Being friends with an ex is VERY hard and painful because of habitual reflex feelings left over from when you still a couple. I do know you have your own past actions, but none of your past flirtations knew Brady. Tia and Jessica knew you and acted maliciously towards you and yet Brady still keeps them around. If I knew someone behaved as they did, interfering in my relationship and disrespecting someone I loved, I wouldn’t want to be friends whether I was still in that relationship or not.

3. Sara says:

Maybe that bouncer wanted to get with you and did that to get Christian away from you lol. I hate that you hooked up with him after he accused you of being an escort.

I want to hear about the Scott stuff!

Brady is boring and shady, I think you should just move on

4. Tara says:

Reese, I read your blog all the time and miss you. I’m glad you and Brady are talking and hope it works out if that’s what you want.

5. Alyssa says:

You seem so outspoken it shocks me that you’d hook up with Christian after that. You seem to have enough prospects I think you really should’ve let that one go immediately. I’m shocked you didn’t completely go off on him, what a douchebag. Why not move on instead of keeping all these people around that don’t enhance your life? On another note I miss the label dripping, tell us all the cute things you’re wearing please!! πŸ™‚

6. Missed you and glad your back!
    Just a little thougtfor yoy…I’m a highly respected professional in my field and my hair is dyed purple and cut pretty funky. I’ve also had it red. Color and style really have no affect on how person does their job….just sayin!

Can’t wait to hear about you and the scott situation!

Stay safe out there! ❀️❀️❀️

7. Ann says:

Reese!! Come on! it seems like sometimes you are not afraid to speak your mind, and others you just say nothing. Why would you go home with Christian and hook up with him, after he spent all night thinking you were a HOOKER? I would have told his ass off righ then and there and gone home – alone. You may not actively notice this, but guys are using you left and right. You’re too good for that. Its obvious that youre smart, youre beautiful, you have great style and are funny. And yet its also obvious that deep inside you don’t value yourself for some reason. I say this because it sounds alot like me at one point, and I realized I deserve and AM better. And so are you. Pull your head out of your ass and stop letting guys use you.

8. e says:

miss you!!! hate that you’re so MIA 😦

keep us posted on life!

and ditch that christian dude he is a douche. i am also surprised that you hooked up with him anyway after that whole hooker thing, WHY??? 😩

lots of hugs!

9. Meriem says:

I miss u tooo very much!!!
    I hope you get back with brady πŸ˜₯, you make such a cute couple πŸ’•

10. Laurel says:

Ah! So I know it’s been a month since you posted this but I’ve been checking less frequently since you’re posting less frequently. So excited to read this and get an update. I definitely missed you/your blog!

So what happened that weekend with Brady? Did you hang out or cancel? How are things now?? I hope you post something new soon!